Friday, February 11, 2011

Ridiculous and Time Consuming

I always have an extreme appreciation for ridiculous undertakings in art and design. Thus, while searching the various typography websites out there I came across this HUGE linocut map made up of different typefaces and words representing different parts of the city of Paris. The piece, created by Mark Andrew Webber, is 5'x6' and took two months to cut weekends included. I feel like this is a good example of type being used in a way to create an image that is more than just type on a page. I cannot imagine working on one thing for two months straight and not going crazy especially with something as delicate and precise as type carved out of a linocut.


Speaking of time consuming I found this cool kerning game called Kern in Space. Happy Kerning.

No comments:

Post a Comment