Friday, November 16, 2012

We dont work we play

To find a good topic for my blog post I was searching pintrest.com and found a posting called “we don’t work...we play” which took me to a blog article about an exhibit put on by four German graphic design students.  HERE! They are students at the Köln International School of Design, they created this exhibit to celebrate hand done typography and invited many different designers to submit pieces.  Here are a few that were selected as the best from the exhibit.


 Designed by: Hannes Hummel, Thilko Limbec
Designed by: Yanik Balzer, Max Kuwertz
Designed by: Yanik Balzer, Max Kuwertz
Designed by: Tobias Nickerl, Emma Gautier
 Designed by: Miriam Becker
Designed by: Miriam Becker

After finding this i started looking into other student work and through the Type Directors Club in their student awards section HERE, I found this student designer Niko Skourtis.  I wanted to check out the work of students who are current and are being recognized by these large associations to see what students at other schools are producing. So I checked out his website...its awesome check it out HERE.  He has a great body of work and I think its really important to check out what other students are doing and get inspired to work more on your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment