Thursday, October 6, 2011

Type on Comic book covers

Aside from completely geeking over the stories and illustrations of comic books, does anyone ever actually take a look at the sort of type they use on the covers that usually repeats throughout a series? Their may be some changes from issue to issue or specials but, I mean, c'mon, theyre so beautiful some of them and really emphasize what the bulk between the pages is about.

I was scrolling tumblr and I happened to find a blog specifically for comic book covers. While gazing I thought "Wow! These are some pretty sick ways of doing type in an illustrative way" so naturally, I had to post it.

Some are pretty old and some are current. Its just amazing to see how thought out some of these are in terms of their concept.

Every good cover tells a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment