Thursday, September 23, 2010

Those Sweet Words

While looking through designer Marian Bantjes' online portfolio, I came across this amazing project. As a contribution to Stefan Sagmeister's project "Things I have Learned In My Life So Far," she created the phrase "If I want to explore a new direction professionally, it is helpful to try it out for myself first" several different ways, using nothing but sugar. She arranged the sugar to create beautiful white-on-white typography in many different ways. Some styles she tried were very organic, while others were more linear, but all combined the shapes and letterforms with extremely unique and intricate approaches. After photographing the finished products, she also photographed them in the process of being destroyed, for another interesting effect. You can see more of this project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment